Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring can't come fast enough

I know that spring is still 6 days away, and that this is Michigan and we probably will have a couple more snow storms before it's all said and done, but today there was lots of sunshine and 50 degree weather and if I closed my eyes, I could see spring.  It gave me just the tiniest bit of hope that it can't be long before we'll have green grass and flowers, and hands that don't hurt when you walk outside to the mailbox.  

I checked the upcoming 7 day weather forecast and not one of those days will be below freezing. Yippee.  It might only be 33 or 34 degrees, but that's not freezing, so it sounds pretty good.

I trimmed a couple of plants in the  front flower garden, in anticipation of spring, but as I was wheeling the wheelbarrow across the frozen grass, through the shaded areas that still have some snow accumulation, I realized the neighbors are probably laughing at my eagerness.  So, I came into the house and sewed. 


I got a few things done for my Etsy shop, and did a little cleaning of the scraps. I have a habit of saving very small scraps and tucking them into bin and every once in a while I'll pull them out and sew them all together to make my patchwork pouches.  It takes me twice as long as the other pouches, but there is something satisfying about cutting up fabric and sewing it back together again.  

No comments: