Sunday, June 7, 2009

Where does the weekend go?

I want to live in a country/planet where one only has to go to work for 4 days and has a 3 day weekend, but I don't want to cram 40 hours into those 4 days. I would like the 32 hours that you work during those 4 days,  to be considered full time, so you still get all the benefits, vacation time, etc. Is there such a place? 

I was working 'part-time', 31.5 hours a week, but spread out over 5 days. It left me more time to do the fun things I like, but I still had to be there 5 days a week, so it really didn't feel like part time.  

I'm now back to 40 hours and it sure has cut into my sewing time.  

And it seems like I am cramming everything into that little 2 day weekend.  I even get up at 5 and go to bed after 11, just so I can have more weekend hours.  

So this weekend, I managed to weed my vegetable garden, transplanted some pumpkin plants that came up out of no where, planted some other plants that my best friend had grown for me, cleaned and swept the garage, washed, vacuumed and Armor-Alled the inside of my car, trimmed a couple of bushes, visited with my daughter and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law, got a hair cut, went for  DQ Blizzard, went to the grocery store and the fabric store, cleaned my laundry room, family room, vacuumed the whole house, and took a walk through the woods where we had to fight off the mosquitoes. 

Whew!

And I still found a little time to sew.    

I finished about 20 items for my Etsy shop,  got all the pictures taken and most of the descriptions written.  I even started to making a tote bag for a girl at work. 

Every day she brings in her lunch and newspaper in a plastic grocery sack and it drives me crazy.  So I thought maybe if I made her a tote bag, she would lose the goofy plastic bag.  And I'm thinking that even if she doesn't like it, that she'll still carry it, only because she doesn't want to hurt my feelings.  

Well, at least that's the plan.  I'm just not sure if the colors are right for her. Oh, heck, who am I fooling?  If she carries a gaudy plastic sack everyday, surely she'll like the colors on this one!



No comments: