Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Calm after the Storm

I can no longer put it off, the remaining decorations just have to come down. Every room is undecorated except the living room, and the Christmas tree. Why is decorating so much fun but "undecorating" so much like work? And if I take the tree down, then I have to move the putting green that has taken up residence in my living room. How would Tiger get his practicing in? Funny thing about this putting green. My Tiger Woods can sink 15 out of 15 every time, and proudly so. I told him that he will rock the next time he plays a course that has a 10 foot astro turfed plastic incline. The look he gave me clearly told me that I don't understand golf.I'd rather be sewing and getting things ready for the upcoming sale in my Etsy shop, but someone has to put the Christmas stuff away and apparently that someone is me.

Maybe this is the year I get rid of some of the decorations that I no longer use. Why would anyone need 16 Rubbermaid tubs of decorations? (Probably the same person who has 7 tubs of 4th of July decorations!)

One year, I decided to 'thin' out the stash and gave my kids some of their ornaments from their childhood. Yeah, that amounted to 2 little shoe boxes and still left me with 16 tubs. So as I sit here writing this, I am motivated to pare down, trim back and eliminate the unwanted and unused. I'll let you know how that goes. Stop laughing.





No comments: