Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kenny

I am a huge Kenny Rogers fan. Not the fake one that plays baseball, but the REAL one. Some would say I am a stalker, I prefer the term devoted fan. I have been to many of his concerts and I'm always checking out his website to see if there are any concerts within driving distance. So last night I was on his new website and discovered that he will be in Sault Ste. Marie in February. I only like to go to a concert if I can sit withing the first 8 rows. Any farther back and I don't consider it a good seat. Apparently, I am a seat snob. So I check the site for tickets, go through the word verification process that you have to do when checking on tickets and the price pops up. $398.00! I think, well maybe that's the price for all the tickets they have left or maybe that's for a whole section. But nooooo! It's for a single ticket.














Now, I like Kenny more than the average person. I have been known to drive 6-8 hours one way to see him, I've planned my Vegas vacation to coincide with his concert there, I've driven through a snow storm and I've even worn a goofy shirt to his concert, that just happened to be on my 50th birthday.





But my adoration has a price tag and $398.00 is way over that!














Just out of curiosity, I checked what the price of the tickets are going for in Biloxi in January. $45. Now that's more like it. I could probably get round trip airfare to Biloxi and the concert ticket, cheaper than the Sault Ste Marie concert ticket.




So, I guess Kenny won't be seeing me this year at any of his concerts......... sigh......


I guess I'll just stay home and sew for Etsy.


No comments: