Friday, January 9, 2009

Etsy goodies

I've been sewing like crazy the last couple of days, I need to get more thing into my Etsy shop. I have over 90 items for sale, but I think I need more.




I'm having a sale that starts on January 15th and I'd sure like it if there was a huge variety to choose from.

It's tough sometimes, choosing which fabric to make my things from. If I pick something that I really like and get all excited over it and then it sits in the shop for months, I begin to wonder what the heck is wrong with MY taste? But then someone comes along and buys it and I feel better! Taste is so subjective and it's difficult to predict what someone else likes, so it's just easier to make what I like and hope there are more than oddball me out there liking this stuff. It's also tough when someone says they want something in blues and browns and you send them a picture of all your blues and browns that you have on hand, to let them pick and emails fly back and forth and in the end they pick a pink and green combo! Go figure, but I guess that's what makes the world go round!






I also think I need to come up with something other than pouches, although they sell nicely, I would like to try my hand at something else. I tried a boxed pouch the other day and it turned out just huge! I mean it's big enough that you could put all your makeup, shampoo, etc., plus your hairdryer in it! Maybe even a small sized dog, too! Ok, so that's probably an exaggeration, but it's more over sized than I intended. The size adjustments are easy enough to fix, but this one is just going to go into the 'not quite right' box and I'll find someone to give it to, someday.


Etsy is loaded with talented artists and I often think I'd like to try my hand at some other crafts but I know I don't have the talent to produce items like this, and this and this. But it inspires me to work harder, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for your comment on my blog:) Of course, it gave me the chance to discover yours! I LOVE your purses. You are definitely a pro at making them! Love the fabrics you use too.