Friday, January 16, 2009

Pass the plate

For Christmas, the girls at work gave me this fabulous plate.





If you haven't seen this before or don't know how this works, let me share this excerpt from the Kitchenaid website.





"Turn your passion for cooking into a passion for helping the fight against breast cancer. Join Pass the Plate, a new element of the Cook for the Cure® program that raises funds and inspires others to support the breast cancer movement.Purchase a specially marked plate, created by KitchenAid and Villeroy & Boch, and register it online. Make one of your favorite recipes, put it on the plate, pass it to a friend, and you’re on your way to making an impact.KitchenAid will donate $5 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure® every time a plate is passed and registered. Pass the Plate in honor of someone special—or just to help make a difference."



http://kitchenaidoffer.com/passtheplate/



On Christmas, I gave "my plate" to my sister who had a double mastectomy last spring. Since you have to register the plate, you can also track where the plate has been. I just checked and 'my plate' has been passed 8 times since Christmas! Woohoo! I already got another plate to pass around, I think I just might have to get a couple more. What great gifts they would make.



If you have time, check out the KitchenAid web site and maybe order one for yourself.

No comments: