Sunday, January 4, 2009

The making of the Bagels




When my husband went to his sisters house last week, she was baking bagels and sent him home with a couple of them.



I have never had a homemade bagel and was really quite amazed at the texture. So soft and chewy and really not like a store bought bagel, of which I am not really fond of.



So last night we went to her house and she gave me a bagel lesson and then allowed me to eat the fruits of our labors!



Oh, man, it was heaven as they were still warm! I will probably never be allowed to buy bagels again as my husband was equally taken with them.

And really, they're not hard to make. Even though we (or rather she) did all the kneading by hand, I would think you could use your bread machine to do the work, if you were so inclined.



Hey, I should check out my bread machine book, as there is probably a recipe in there and I just never noticed. Hmmm, wonder where that book is?

No comments: